Tips for Decorating a Rental Home
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
When you rent a home or apartment you may think you can’t add your own personal touch to your new space. With some creativity, a self-storage unit at Holladay Self Storage in Holladay, and the tips listed below you can make your rental feel more like home.
• Self-adhesive tiles can be added to your kitchen to give it that personal touch. These tiles can often be found at Home Depot. These tiles are meant to be temporary and can easily be put up and taken off when the time comes.
• Command Hooks are a fast and easy way to add some personal touches to your home. Hanging curtain rods from command hooks gives you a creative way to put your jewelry or scarves on display in your bedroom. Command hooks can also be used when hanging decorative pieces. Command hooks easily come off when you want to change it up or move out without damaging the walls.
• Peel and Stick wall decals are perfect for when you want to add that special statement piece to your rented space. These come in a variety of patterns and quotes so you can choose which one fits your style. These also come off without damaging the paint or walls in your home.
• Temporary wallpaper is now available to those who rent. You can easily wallpaper your space to give it that personal touch. While it may appear to look like real wallpaper it is easier to put up and take off. Temporary wall paper comes in a variety of colors and patterns so you can choose which one fits your décor the best.
• Tapestries can make your space feel cozy and give your space that much needed statement piece. These are easily hung and can be taken down and folded up if you wish to change the style of your space.
• Bright floral pieces can be added to your space to give it that extra pop of color. There are a variety of DIY projects involving floral pieces that can easily be accomplished in one afternoon. Pick colors that coincide with your color scheme and add a pop of color to a dull area.
• Showcase the items you own by placing them on a bookshelf or a bar cart. These will add personal touches to your space and give it some personality. Don’t be afraid to display the pieces you love even if they are a little unconventional.